Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elderton losing its top cop
- Coupons fuel food bank donation for Kittanning Township family
- Off-road Toy Run in Templeton to raise money for charity
- ‘Turkey Wars’ food drive at Lenape Elementary benefits needy
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Ford City planning commission rebounds from member’s resignation
- Grant funds lessons in etiquette, job interviewing for Ford City students
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- Lenape Technical students prepare 23 turkeys for free Thanksgiving dinners
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children