Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Grievance holding up police hiring in Ford City
- Zombies go on the run at West Shamokin High
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Hearing addresses questions about proposed West Franklin limestone mine
- Kittanning paving projects starting; completion expected within a week
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor
- Allegheny locks agreement talks begin in Armstrong
- Salvation Army struggles to meet growing need in Armstrong County
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock