Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Grievance holding up police hiring in Ford City
- Run with ‘zombies’ at West Shamokin fundraiser
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor
- Hearing addresses questions about proposed West Franklin limestone mine
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween