Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family escapes house fire in Kittanning
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Armstrong County adopts $20.7 million budget, maintains tax rate
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center
- Students perform Christmas program at Kittanning health center
- Officials get early start on NuMine bridge replacement planning
- Donation another step toward new roof at Cowansville veterans center
- South Buffalo church nears end of more than a century of worship
- Ford City looks for bigger hall to house crowd at council meetings