Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Future of East Brady’s Riverfest in question
- Gather up the family for spooky stories in Ford City
- ALDI to open in East Franklin
- Work on Kittanning’s Jacob Street under way
- Ford City could soon have a police chief
- Talent show, concert to benefit Kittanning man
- Containment system fails at Kittanning Twp. drilling site
- West Kittanning Council OKs parking, sign ordinances
- Seneca Masonic Lodge marks milestone
- Public input sought on use of block grant funds for Campbell Street repairs
- Reopening of Armstrong County locks with public, private funding made for ‘wonderful’ boating season