Kittanning man charged with punching girlfriend
A Kittanning man was charged when an argument with his girlfriend allegedly turned violent on Monday.
Shane Michael Hileman, 23, is charged with simple assault, theft and harassment for allegedly punching Samantha Ellen Christine Shankle, 20, of North Buffalo. Hileman is accused of striking her after finding a letter she had written to an inmate in the Armstrong County Jail, police reports said. The incident took place in Shankle's home at 2287 Toy Road.
Hileman is accused of taking $20 from Shankle before going back to his apartment in Kittanning, where he was arrested.
District Judge James Andring arraigned Hileman on misdemeanor charges of theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, a parole violation and a summary charge of harassment.
Hileman remains in the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City officials mum about litigation related to grant default
- Fire sparks movement to stop vandalism in Ford City
- Avonmore man jailed on charges of stealing 3 cars Sunday
- Question Armstrong County candidates at forum in Manor
- Golf outing bolsters cancer patient fund at Kittanning hospital
- Family safe but dog dies in Sugarcreek trailer fire
- Armstrong gets 4th officer trained to spot drugged drivers
- Armstong students mesh art into STEM instruction
- Voters in Worthington, West Franklin to decide whether to allow alcohol sales