Bullet strikes Armstrong school van
Nobody was injured when a bullet hit an Armstrong School District van on Route 422 in Plumcreek on Tuesday morning.
State police are trying to determine who fired the bullet that hit the back quarter panel of the van owned by Barker Bus Company in Rayburn.
The van had a driver but no students when it was hit about 6:05 a.m., police said.
Police found a bullet fragment inside the bus's quarter panel but were unable to determine its caliber.
The shot caused an estimated $400 in damage to the van, police said.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning, Ford City parades feature school bands for last time
- Kittanning thrift shop giving away coats Sunday
- Ford City postpones town hall meeting about police, finances
- Armstrong County keeps commissioner raises tied to non-union employees’ pay
- Kittanning gets $3 million grant for downtown improvements
- Preliminary hearing postponed again for Ford City man accused of wiretapping
- Lawsuit against Armstrong County ‘voluntarily dismissed’
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- East Franklin man featured on TV show for kids
- Grant awarded to fund Armstrong locks summer operations
- Ford City votes to promote interim manager