Bullet strikes Armstrong school van
Nobody was injured when a bullet hit an Armstrong School District van on Route 422 in Plumcreek on Tuesday morning.
State police are trying to determine who fired the bullet that hit the back quarter panel of the van owned by Barker Bus Company in Rayburn.
The van had a driver but no students when it was hit about 6:05 a.m., police said.
Police found a bullet fragment inside the bus's quarter panel but were unable to determine its caliber.
The shot caused an estimated $400 in damage to the van, police said.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Manorville boy gets his wish: a week at Walt Disney World
- Contractor fighting Armstrong blight one house at a time
- Ford City’s proposed budget would slash police force
- Former Worthington police chief going to trial
- Off-road Toy Run in Templeton to raise money for charity
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Elderton losing its top cop
- Grant funds lessons in etiquette, job interviewing for Ford City students
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings