Bridge work planned for Route 68 in Brady's Bend
Traffic will be limited to one lane on Route 68 between Kittanning Hollow and Seybertown roads in Brady's Bend until October while PennDOT replaces five bridges on the one-mile stretch.
New Stanton's C.H.&D. Enterprises started the $4.7 million project last week.
During the first round of construction, crews will replace two bridges crossing Sugar Creek. A temporary traffic signal at each end of the construction zone will be used to regulate traffic.
The second construction phase will replace a bridge over Sugar Creek, and bridges over Hart Run and Whiskey Run creeks. PennDOT has not released its schedule for the second phase of construction, but the entire bridge replacement project is expected to be done next summer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mayflies making Ford City roads slick for drivers
- Rising patient numbers leads to hires at health center in Kittanning
- Judge rejects proposed sentence for Leechburg sex offender
- Ford City wrestles with $600K question
- West Kittanning increases security around its dumpster
- Lyme disease numbers spiking in Western Pennsylvania
- Armstrong groups target childhood obesity with exercise
- Ford City Council’s police committee recommends eliminating department
- Charges expected in Kittanning warehouse crash
- Annual Rural Valley festival kicks off Thursday
- West Kittanning Council rejects opening alleyway