Bridge work planned for Route 68 in Brady's Bend
Traffic will be limited to one lane on Route 68 between Kittanning Hollow and Seybertown roads in Brady's Bend until October while PennDOT replaces five bridges on the one-mile stretch.
New Stanton's C.H.&D. Enterprises started the $4.7 million project last week.
During the first round of construction, crews will replace two bridges crossing Sugar Creek. A temporary traffic signal at each end of the construction zone will be used to regulate traffic.
The second construction phase will replace a bridge over Sugar Creek, and bridges over Hart Run and Whiskey Run creeks. PennDOT has not released its schedule for the second phase of construction, but the entire bridge replacement project is expected to be done next summer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- River tour offers views of Armstrong foliage
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- Armstrong School District works out contract with cafeteria workers
- College courses offered to Armstrong high school students at bargain prices
- Kittanning Foodland announces it will close
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge