Bridge work planned for Route 68 in Brady's Bend
Traffic will be limited to one lane on Route 68 between Kittanning Hollow and Seybertown roads in Brady's Bend until October while PennDOT replaces five bridges on the one-mile stretch.
New Stanton's C.H.&D. Enterprises started the $4.7 million project last week.
During the first round of construction, crews will replace two bridges crossing Sugar Creek. A temporary traffic signal at each end of the construction zone will be used to regulate traffic.
The second construction phase will replace a bridge over Sugar Creek, and bridges over Hart Run and Whiskey Run creeks. PennDOT has not released its schedule for the second phase of construction, but the entire bridge replacement project is expected to be done next summer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Teen charged with threatening stepfather at Boggs home
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Cowansville veterans center getting facelift through Home Depot grant
- Armstrong domestic abuse shelter boosted by Mary Kay grant
- Allegheny locks agreement talks begin in Armstrong