Rural Valley man charged during alleged heroin sale
A Rural Valley man was charged Wednesday with selling heroin to a law enforcement informant.
Charles E. Blystone, 43, of Schlemmer Road was jailed when he allegedly sold an undisclosed amount of heroin to the informant from his home. He is being held in Armstrong County Jail in lieu of $200,000 bond.
Blystone is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture or delivery, a felony charge of criminal use of a cellphone and a misdemeanor charge of possession of a controlled substance.
He has a preliminary hearing in District Judge Samuel Goldstrohm's Rural Valley courtroom on Tuesday.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City considers broadcast, newsletter
- Traffic restrictions in place as road work continues near new Armstrong school
- Churches band together in Kittanning to fight hunger worldwide
- Bank in former Kittanning Foodland open while looking for new location
- Fire ravages Dayton area meat-packing plant
- Apollo man’s car show raises more than $2,000 for cancer fund
- Summer Jam returns to Ford City to benefit nonprofit
- United Way turns to small businesses to boost donations
- Emerald ash borers taking toll in Armstrong County
- Drug use, medical problems cited as cause of West Kittanning crash
- Saber pride booming in Ford City’s final year