Ford City police make drug arrest at Fourth Avenue apartment
A Bethel man and East Franklin woman face drug charges after police accused them of attempting to deliver heroin to the home of a police informant on Monday afternoon.
Ford City police arrested Edward Lee Kunst, 50, of Dime Road (Alternate 66), and Cora Ann McElravy, 23, of Westmont Drive when they attempted to sell 149 stamp bags of heroin to an informant on Fourth Avenue at 5 p.m.
Police found several pills and an unspecified amount of marijuana on Kunst and McElravy, according to Sgt. John Atherton of the Ford City police.
Atherton estimated the drugs had a street value of about $3,500.
Kunst and McElravy face felony counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, and criminal conspiracy, and misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.
Kunst was given a felony charge of criminal use of a cell phone.
District Judge Gary DeComo arraigned Kunst and McElravy, and committed them to the Armstrong County Jail, each in lieu of a $75,000 bond. A preliminary hearing for both is scheduled for May 13.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Musician memorialized with portrait at Lenape Elementary
- Leaking gas found near site of earlier Plumcreek explosion
- South Buffalo church nears end of more than a century of worship
- Kittanning website being upgraded after borough purchase
- Students perform Christmas program at Kittanning health center
- Armstrong roundup targets drug dealer suspects
- Second wave of drug arrests in Armstrong and neighboring counties
- Dayton crash victim remains hospitalized
- Kittanning woman was victim of Route 422 crash near Elderton
- Plumcreek family survives explosion
- Plumcreek family displaced by blast wants answers from state, Peoples Gas