Ford City police make drug arrest at Fourth Avenue apartment
A Bethel man and East Franklin woman face drug charges after police accused them of attempting to deliver heroin to the home of a police informant on Monday afternoon.
Ford City police arrested Edward Lee Kunst, 50, of Dime Road (Alternate 66), and Cora Ann McElravy, 23, of Westmont Drive when they attempted to sell 149 stamp bags of heroin to an informant on Fourth Avenue at 5 p.m.
Police found several pills and an unspecified amount of marijuana on Kunst and McElravy, according to Sgt. John Atherton of the Ford City police.
Atherton estimated the drugs had a street value of about $3,500.
Kunst and McElravy face felony counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, and criminal conspiracy, and misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.
Kunst was given a felony charge of criminal use of a cell phone.
District Judge Gary DeComo arraigned Kunst and McElravy, and committed them to the Armstrong County Jail, each in lieu of a $75,000 bond. A preliminary hearing for both is scheduled for May 13.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Kittanning to crack down on dock hogs
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Ford City group focuses on health of park’s trees
- No one hurt when Indiana school bus hits pole in Shelocta
- Castle raffle in Ford City will benefit Make-a-Wish
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Funding cuts leave Armstrong food banks operating on ‘wing and a prayer’