Diverse acts booked for Kittanning Riverfront Park summer concerts
Arts on the Allegheny will have a little something for everyone at the John P. Murtha Amphitheater this summer.
The annual free concert series will feature country musician Marty Stuart on June 28, the Verb Ballet Dance Company from Shaker Heights, Ohio, on July 19 and Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, a New Jersey rock band, on Aug. 23.
Each show starts at 7 p.m.
“We really wanted to provide some entertainment that everyone would enjoy,” said Mary Ann Valasek, president of Arts on the Allegheny. “Every year, we're always trying to find as diverse of a lineup as possible.”
Arts on the Allegheny, a nonprofit organization, has relied on volunteers and donations to put on concerts at the amphitheater since 2008. This year, the organization spent about $65,000 to bring in the three acts, Valasek said.
They plan to continue raising funds for concerts during each event by selling drinks and food and selling raffle tickets for a top prize of $5,000.
“These concerts are a nice way to provide high-quality entertainment to the entire community,” Valasek said. “It really helps to bring people together for a nice evening.”
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Armstrong School District works out contract with cafeteria workers
- Support group in Ford City offers help to depressed
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015