Road work to commence in Wayne, West Mahoning
Motorists should expect delays on a 3.5-mile stretch of Dayton-Smicksburg Road in Wayne and West Mahoning townships while road improvements are being made by crews through August.
Restricted traffic will be guided by PennDOT flaggers while the road work is being completed.
PennDOT and Derry Construction of Latrobe on Monday began the $1.3 million project to patch, pave and improve drainage systems along the roadway.
Other road projects will be the center of discussion when PennDOT hosts an open house on Wednesday in the Kittanning Township Fire Department, 13126 Route 422, from 5 to 7 p.m. PennDOT will discuss road projects involving Route 422, where it intersects with Wray Plan and Silvis Hollow roads.
“We're still in the preliminary stages of planning, but we are trying to take public input on what safety upgrades need to be done at these intersections,” said PennDOT spokeswoman Deborah Casadei.
Official dedicated $15 million to $17.5 million for improvements at the Wray Plan Road intersection, and $10 million to $15 million for the Silvis Hollow Road intersection. Construction on those projects will begin in 2017.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Pickleball ambassador gets sport a spot at YMCA in Kittanning
- Program bridges several disciplines for Kittanning students
- Drivers concerned with changes at Kittanning intersection
- Lenape Tech opening center for adult training Thursday in Manor
- Run with ‘zombies’ at West Shamokin fundraiser
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- Grievance holding up police hiring in Ford City
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Hearing addresses questions about proposed West Franklin limestone mine