Fire destroys Manor home
A fire allegedly started by a boy playing with matches destroyed a home at 106 Midway in Manor early Tuesday evening.
“It was a total loss,” said Manor Assistant Fire Chief Chad Evans. “Most of the fire was on the back side of the building where the boy's bedroom was. The boy admitted to playing with his grandma's matches. He was in a closet when he started the house on fire.”
The fire started at about 4:30 p.m. at the home of Joe Wienskovich, who lives there with his wife, Amy, and three children, including the 12-year-old boy believed to have started the fire.
No one was injured, and it is unclear who was home when the fire started.
“I am not sure, I wasn't in the home,” Wienskovich said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Online student monitoring made easier in Armstrong
- Apollo couple giving back with fundraiser for Armstrong cancer center
- Manor appliance store owners retire after 45 years in family’s business
- Armstrong School District works out contract with cafeteria workers
- Support group in Ford City offers help to depressed
- Kittanning man withdraws plea after judge rejects sentence recommendation
- Students, ALS win when Shannock Valley principal takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015