Fire destroys Manor home
A fire allegedly started by a boy playing with matches destroyed a home at 106 Midway in Manor early Tuesday evening.
“It was a total loss,” said Manor Assistant Fire Chief Chad Evans. “Most of the fire was on the back side of the building where the boy's bedroom was. The boy admitted to playing with his grandma's matches. He was in a closet when he started the house on fire.”
The fire started at about 4:30 p.m. at the home of Joe Wienskovich, who lives there with his wife, Amy, and three children, including the 12-year-old boy believed to have started the fire.
No one was injured, and it is unclear who was home when the fire started.
“I am not sure, I wasn't in the home,” Wienskovich said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Late afternoon fire destroys Manor home
- Rural Valley day care opening in former American Legion building
- Armstrong sheriff replaces patrol cars with newer models
- Stuff the Bus in East Franklin Saturday
- Judge rejects proposed sentence for Leechburg sex offender
- Lyme disease numbers spiking in Western Pennsylvania
- West Kittanning increases security around its dumpster
- Mayflies making Ford City roads slick for drivers
- Ford City considers options
- Annual Rural Valley festival kicks off Thursday
- Ford City Council’s police committee recommends eliminating department