Fire destroys Manor home
A fire allegedly started by a boy playing with matches destroyed a home at 106 Midway in Manor early Tuesday evening.
“It was a total loss,” said Manor Assistant Fire Chief Chad Evans. “Most of the fire was on the back side of the building where the boy's bedroom was. The boy admitted to playing with his grandma's matches. He was in a closet when he started the house on fire.”
The fire started at about 4:30 p.m. at the home of Joe Wienskovich, who lives there with his wife, Amy, and three children, including the 12-year-old boy believed to have started the fire.
No one was injured, and it is unclear who was home when the fire started.
“I am not sure, I wasn't in the home,” Wienskovich said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released
- School supplies, equipment on the auction block in former Kittanning school gym
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- Manor Township considers tax break
- Ford City will advertise for police chief, officers this week
- Worthington American Legion to host open house, spaghetti dinner
- Workers in East Franklin to ask judge for wages; claims refuted by ACMH
- Gather up the family for spooky stories in Ford City
- Future of East Brady’s Riverfest in question
- Work on Kittanning’s Jacob Street under way
- Funds needed to designate Allegheny River as a Pennsylvania Water Trail