Fire destroys Manor home
A fire allegedly started by a boy playing with matches destroyed a home at 106 Midway in Manor early Tuesday evening.
“It was a total loss,” said Manor Assistant Fire Chief Chad Evans. “Most of the fire was on the back side of the building where the boy's bedroom was. The boy admitted to playing with his grandma's matches. He was in a closet when he started the house on fire.”
The fire started at about 4:30 p.m. at the home of Joe Wienskovich, who lives there with his wife, Amy, and three children, including the 12-year-old boy believed to have started the fire.
No one was injured, and it is unclear who was home when the fire started.
“I am not sure, I wasn't in the home,” Wienskovich said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- High school bowler first to get Armstrong letterman jacket
- Raucous crowd packs meeting to back Ford City police force
- Model trains on display to help Ford City food bank
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling