Ford City man charged with burglary, other felonies
A Ford City man has been charged with breaking into a Woodlawn Drive garage in Manor last week.
Manor Police arrested Darrell James Smith, 50, of Fourth Avenue on his front porch on Tuesday. He is accused of taking an iPod and electronics, tools, a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses and a .25 caliber pistol, valued at $959, from Richard Wolfe's garage on June 12.
Smith gave the iPod to a friend, who unsuccessfully attempted to sell it to GameStop in the Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin, according to the criminal complaint. The store contacted police.
Smith allegedly told police he had taken the items and gave away the iPod before he was arrested.
Smith is charged with eight felony counts of theft by unlawful taking, eight felony counts of receiving stolen property and felony counts of burglary, criminal conspiracy and criminal trespassing.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Smith to the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled June 24.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies trying to escape fire at his North Buffalo home
- Ford City ambulance company recognized for quality of heart attack care
- Judge to shine light on whether West Kittanning billboard is a nuisance
- Earning merit badges won’t be a walk in the park for Slate Lick Scouts
- Former Ford City superintendent charged with killing family member in Texas
- ACMH Hospital unveils emergency room renovations
- Rayburn offering tax breaks to businesses along 2 roads
- Belmont Complex work nearly done
- Primary write-in votes tabulated in Armstrong County
- River traffic ‘cause for celebration’ on first weekend of open Armstrong locks
- Rural Valley celebration to mark fire department’s 100th year