Ford City man charged with burglary, other felonies
A Ford City man has been charged with breaking into a Woodlawn Drive garage in Manor last week.
Manor Police arrested Darrell James Smith, 50, of Fourth Avenue on his front porch on Tuesday. He is accused of taking an iPod and electronics, tools, a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses and a .25 caliber pistol, valued at $959, from Richard Wolfe's garage on June 12.
Smith gave the iPod to a friend, who unsuccessfully attempted to sell it to GameStop in the Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin, according to the criminal complaint. The store contacted police.
Smith allegedly told police he had taken the items and gave away the iPod before he was arrested.
Smith is charged with eight felony counts of theft by unlawful taking, eight felony counts of receiving stolen property and felony counts of burglary, criminal conspiracy and criminal trespassing.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Smith to the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled June 24.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Eastern Pa. man jailed in Armstrong County
- Babies welcomed to the world in holiday style
- Ford City budget may not be final
- Angel trees feature pets from Rayburn shelter
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- Manorville man shares love for fishing
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- Woman hosts annual sale for artists in her Valley Township home
- Holiday spirit shines in Ford City
- Christmas train is an annual Armstrong holiday tradition
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel