Ford City man charged with burglary, other felonies
A Ford City man has been charged with breaking into a Woodlawn Drive garage in Manor last week.
Manor Police arrested Darrell James Smith, 50, of Fourth Avenue on his front porch on Tuesday. He is accused of taking an iPod and electronics, tools, a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses and a .25 caliber pistol, valued at $959, from Richard Wolfe's garage on June 12.
Smith gave the iPod to a friend, who unsuccessfully attempted to sell it to GameStop in the Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin, according to the criminal complaint. The store contacted police.
Smith allegedly told police he had taken the items and gave away the iPod before he was arrested.
Smith is charged with eight felony counts of theft by unlawful taking, eight felony counts of receiving stolen property and felony counts of burglary, criminal conspiracy and criminal trespassing.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Smith to the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled June 24.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burrell Township man killed in backhoe accident
- Ford City waiting on road salt as storm blows in
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores offers monthly supply of vitamins to families who enroll children
- Wintry mix makes for slick roads in Armstrong County
- Snyder makes offer for mineral rights under polluted Ford City land
- Kiski man’s death sparks calls for safety when ice fishing
- Armstrong controller announces bid for fourth term
- Plan hatched to make storefront hub of Armstrong event, services news
- Man robs Kittanning convenience store early Tuesday
- Armstrong targets savings by refinancing debt
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library