Ford City man charged with burglary, other felonies
A Ford City man has been charged with breaking into a Woodlawn Drive garage in Manor last week.
Manor Police arrested Darrell James Smith, 50, of Fourth Avenue on his front porch on Tuesday. He is accused of taking an iPod and electronics, tools, a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses and a .25 caliber pistol, valued at $959, from Richard Wolfe's garage on June 12.
Smith gave the iPod to a friend, who unsuccessfully attempted to sell it to GameStop in the Hilltop Plaza, East Franklin, according to the criminal complaint. The store contacted police.
Smith allegedly told police he had taken the items and gave away the iPod before he was arrested.
Smith is charged with eight felony counts of theft by unlawful taking, eight felony counts of receiving stolen property and felony counts of burglary, criminal conspiracy and criminal trespassing.
District Judge Gary DeComo committed Smith to the Armstrong County Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled June 24.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Program helping Armstrong jail inmates earn GED diplomas
- East Franklin artist featured at Crooked Creek’s monthly speaker program
- Conflicting stories leave police seeking answers in Ford City shooting
- Church to help longtime Dayton businessman get bikes out of the brush
- 6 high school bands marching in West Shamokin at annual show
- Proposals submitted for use of Armstrong’s federal grant money
- Ford City man sentenced to prison for role in fatal beating
- Apple butter festival keeps tradition alive
- Narcotic delivery to Armstrong jail foiled; two charged
- Armstrong firefighters get pet-saving training with donated oxygen masks
- Former police chief files federal lawsuit against Pine Township, Worthington borough