Late afternoon fire destroys Manor home
Fire destroyed a home on Iseman Hill Road in Manor late Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters from several companies responded to the home of Christopher and Christi Fetterman but were unable to save the structure.
Crews from Manor, Ford City, Ford Cliff and Kittanning fire departments responded when a neighbor called 911 and said fire was coming out of the windows of the home at 4:15 p.m. About 6:30 p.m., firefighters were still knocking back flames as the fire rekindled itself.
Fire gutted both levels of the two-story home within an hour and a half.
“It went quick,” said neighor Dave Hill, who watched the fire move through the house from his porch. “It's such a shame.”
Nobody was injured in the fire.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seneca Masonic Lodge marks milestone
- Ford City could soon have a police chief
- West Kittanning Council OKs parking, sign ordinances
- Residents to weigh in on future of Ford City police
- Reopening of Armstrong County locks with public, private funding made for ‘wonderful’ boating season
- Workers in East Franklin to ask judge for wages; claims refuted by ACMH
- Public input sought on use of block grant funds for Campbell Street repairs
- Richard G. Snyder YMCA offering a week of free membership
- Guiderail going up along Millers Eddy Road in Perry Township
- Mud, rain force animals out of Orphans of the Storm
- Armstrong basements flooded, roads washed out by heavy rains