Late afternoon fire destroys Manor home
Fire destroyed a home on Iseman Hill Road in Manor late Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters from several companies responded to the home of Christopher and Christi Fetterman but were unable to save the structure.
Crews from Manor, Ford City, Ford Cliff and Kittanning fire departments responded when a neighbor called 911 and said fire was coming out of the windows of the home at 4:15 p.m. About 6:30 p.m., firefighters were still knocking back flames as the fire rekindled itself.
Fire gutted both levels of the two-story home within an hour and a half.
“It went quick,” said neighor Dave Hill, who watched the fire move through the house from his porch. “It's such a shame.”
Nobody was injured in the fire.
Brad Pedersen is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-543-1303, ext. 1337, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Football game DVD raising money for Armstrong school program
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Armstrong’s proposed budget increases spending, holds tax rate steady
- Armstrong adds fee for assessment challenges
- ‘Thanksgiving miracle’ brings turkeys to Armstrong needy
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- Armstrong food banks have all the trimmings, but no turkeys
- Kittanning, Ford City athletes can buy uniforms at end of season
- Car crashes into East Franklin church, Sunday services canceled
- Raucous crowd packs meeting to back Ford City police force