New Armstrong school sports uniforms cost less than expected
Uniforms for the Riverhawks teams at Armstrong Junior-Senior High School will cost nearly $20,000 less than anticipated.
The Armstrong School Board on Monday is expected to accept an $83,000 bid from Dallas-based BSN Sports to supply customized blue, white and orange Nike uniforms for teams at the school, which will open next year. The district had expected to spend about $100,000 on the uniforms.
“It's always welcome to see something come in cheaper than expected,” school board President Joe Close said.
Buying the sports uniforms completes outfitting for student activities at the school. In May, the school board approved paying $62,184 for 120 marching band uniforms.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- VA seeks input on services at Ford City clinic
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween
- Ford City man arrested for making video of parking dispute
- Progressive Workshop open houses Thursday in Kittanning, Rayburn
- ‘Elvis’ alive and well in Cowanshannock
- Ford City official: Rift at heart of records request
- Ford City native jazzing it up at big name festival in Florida
- Armstrong commissioners leery about Wolf’s severence tax proposal
- Salvation Army struggles to meet growing need in Armstrong County