Pair charged with theft from East Franklin Wal-Mart
A man and a woman from the Alle-Kiski Valley face felony charges of retail theft for allegedly stealing several thousand dollars worth of merchandise from the Wal-Mart store in Armstrong County.
Alyssa Nicole Depanicis, 24, of 406 Franklin Ave., Vandergrift, and Larry Allan Davis II, 32, of 38 Earhart St., Leechburg, are accused of putting merchandise in a large plastic bin and leaving the East Franklin Wal-Mart without paying early in the morning Thursday, state police said.
The pair then headed to the Wal-Mart in Harrison, Allegheny County, where they allegedly tried the same scheme but left the bin behind when they left the store, police said. Police caught the two at the Frazer Wal-Mart in Allegheny County as they again tried to hide about $2,000 worth of items in a large bin, police said.
They were arraigned before District Judge James Owen in Kittanning and placed in Armstrong County Jail on $5,000 bail each. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for next week.
Julie E. Martin is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man robs Kittanning convenience store early Tuesday
- Paranormal investigators coming to Ford City library
- Armstrong school will feature two marching bands
- Plan hatched to make storefront hub of Armstrong event, services news
- Armstrong spared worst of nor’easter’s wrath
- Kiski man’s death sparks calls for safety when ice fishing
- Fire destroys Burrell Township home on remote road
- Ford City Council overrides veto, police cuts stay
- Another threat yields no bomb at Armstrong high school
- Ford City officials discuss code enforcement
- Ford City spending limited by mayor’s veto