Pair charged with theft from East Franklin Wal-Mart
A man and a woman from the Alle-Kiski Valley face felony charges of retail theft for allegedly stealing several thousand dollars worth of merchandise from the Wal-Mart store in Armstrong County.
Alyssa Nicole Depanicis, 24, of 406 Franklin Ave., Vandergrift, and Larry Allan Davis II, 32, of 38 Earhart St., Leechburg, are accused of putting merchandise in a large plastic bin and leaving the East Franklin Wal-Mart without paying early in the morning Thursday, state police said.
The pair then headed to the Wal-Mart in Harrison, Allegheny County, where they allegedly tried the same scheme but left the bin behind when they left the store, police said. Police caught the two at the Frazer Wal-Mart in Allegheny County as they again tried to hide about $2,000 worth of items in a large bin, police said.
They were arraigned before District Judge James Owen in Kittanning and placed in Armstrong County Jail on $5,000 bail each. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for next week.
Julie E. Martin is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Armstrong River Hawks make their debut
- Ford City Express may be back on track by Christmas
- Armstrong River Hawks to debut alma mater, fight songs tonight
- ‘Stand Down’ aims to lift up needy in Armstrong, Clarion counties
- Late summer fun at Ford City street festival
- Kittanning fundraiser to help homeless pit bulls
- Adrian man sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex crimes
- Defense seeks delay in start of Kittanning Township teen’s murder trial
- Company supplies industry worldwide with products made in South Buffalo
- EDA rejects Ford City’s offer to repay debt over 50 years
- Lions Club hosts second Worthington race for charity