Pair charged with theft from East Franklin Wal-Mart
A man and a woman from the Alle-Kiski Valley face felony charges of retail theft for allegedly stealing several thousand dollars worth of merchandise from the Wal-Mart store in Armstrong County.
Alyssa Nicole Depanicis, 24, of 406 Franklin Ave., Vandergrift, and Larry Allan Davis II, 32, of 38 Earhart St., Leechburg, are accused of putting merchandise in a large plastic bin and leaving the East Franklin Wal-Mart without paying early in the morning Thursday, state police said.
The pair then headed to the Wal-Mart in Harrison, Allegheny County, where they allegedly tried the same scheme but left the bin behind when they left the store, police said. Police caught the two at the Frazer Wal-Mart in Allegheny County as they again tried to hide about $2,000 worth of items in a large bin, police said.
They were arraigned before District Judge James Owen in Kittanning and placed in Armstrong County Jail on $5,000 bail each. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for next week.
Julie E. Martin is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class of ‘74 returning for last dance at Kittanning High School
- Public will get glimpse of building
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- Former Applewold president files stalking complaint against Kittanning man
- Sheriff starts fundraising to buy drug-sniffing K-9 officer for Armstrong
- Bell teen named queen of Fort Armstrong rodeo
- Another successful year for Day of Giving in Armstrong
- Kittanning, Worthington, Elderton, Rural Valley Lions Clubs build fishing pier shelters
- Priest celebrates first Mass in Ford City hometown church
- Ford City delays decision on accountant’s job