McVille Airport gets grant to build hangar
South Buffalo's McVille Airport is among 20 airports across the state slated to receive funding through PennDOT's aviation development program for upgrading facilities.
McVille Airport has been allocated $200,000 to construct a hangar.
“Providing transportation options is vital to moving goods and people,” Gov. Tom Corbett said in a release on Monday.
“That's why we've invested $50 million in aviation since January 2011.”
The privately owned airport, along Ford City Road, last year received $93,750 from the fund for snow removal equipment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Drug use, medical problems cited as cause of West Kittanning crash
- Armstrong bolstering pool of temp workers for Health Center
- Kittanning’s holiday gifts come early for Ford City group
- School bus, car crash in Armstrong
- Historical society seeks to grow interest in Armstrong County museum, library
- Armstrong County married dentists passing torch to their children
- Kittanning YMCA events for kids opened to non-members
- Reading program fun under the stars at West Hills school
- Hard to Recycle Day coming Saturday in Armstrong
- W. Kittanning to weigh police coverage offer
- Ford City to modify part-time cop policy