McVille Airport gets grant to build hangar
South Buffalo's McVille Airport is among 20 airports across the state slated to receive funding through PennDOT's aviation development program for upgrading facilities.
McVille Airport has been allocated $200,000 to construct a hangar.
“Providing transportation options is vital to moving goods and people,” Gov. Tom Corbett said in a release on Monday.
“That's why we've invested $50 million in aviation since January 2011.”
The privately owned airport, along Ford City Road, last year received $93,750 from the fund for snow removal equipment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- West Kittanning health center could reopen after Pa. Supreme Court ruling
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Armstrong students put Thanksgiving feasts on the table
- Program energizes students at Manor elementary school
- Kittanning men’s club donates $1K to foundation for sick children
- Light-Up Night sparkles with special meaning in Ford City
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Parker offering tax breaks for home, business upgrades
- Smicksburg businesses get jump on Christmas