Beaver man pleads guilty in shaking death of 2-month-old
BEAVER, Pa. — A western Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty in the shaking death of his 2-month-old child.
Police say that 29-year-old Robert Heibert of Beaver admitted that he shook and spanked Melanie Alexander before she died in July 2012, The Beaver County Times reports. Heibert pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter on Monday.
A police report found that the girl died of severe brain trauma.
Heibert told police the child was crying and that he shook her with such force that her chin struck her chest in a whiplash-like motion.
A sentencing date hasn't been set.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Martial arts competitors reconvene for Pennsylvania Karate Championships
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Kids briefs: Santa Trolley trips begin at Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Retailers court web customers with free shipping
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Kittanning boys basketball shoots for 4th straight playoff trip in program’s final season