Fire damages Beaver County row house
Fire badly damaged a row house early Saturday in Beaver County, emergency responders said.
They said no one was hurt in the blaze on the 200 block of West Madison Street in Rochester. Firefighters brought it under control within about 30 minutes of an emergency call at 5:30 a.m., according to the borough volunteer fire department.
A state fire marshal remained on the scene later Saturday morning to investigate the cause. Heavy damage to the first and second floors displaced the family living there, borough fire officials said.
They did not immediately release other details. It wasn't clear how many people were forced out.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Flurry of business activity enlivening quaint Saxonburg
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Retailers court web customers with free shipping
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille