Newsmaker: Felicia Mycyk
Noteworthy: The Leaders Serving Beaver County Board has tapped Mycyk to fill a board vacancy starting in September. The organization provides learning and teaching opportunities for local business leaders, with a focus on supporting Christian entrepreneurs and promoting meaningful, practical projects that benefit the region.
Residence: Harmony, Beaver County
Family: Husband, Nathaniel, and four children, ages 15, 13, 6 and 3.
Occupation: Owner of Business Liaison, a virtual administrative and marketing service; also owner and co-founder of Ambridge Connection, a website that promotes the greater Ambridge area; and executive director/founder of Help Them Play, a nonprofit that helps low-income children get financial aid to play organized sports.
Quote: “I hope to bring diversity to the board — that's one of the biggest things I see lacking in the Beaver County area. I think that having another viewpoint matters. I like to take action, but at the same time I listen to everybody. I see the holes and gaps, and my goal is to find that gap and fill it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room