Newsmaker: Felicia Mycyk
Noteworthy: The Leaders Serving Beaver County Board has tapped Mycyk to fill a board vacancy starting in September. The organization provides learning and teaching opportunities for local business leaders, with a focus on supporting Christian entrepreneurs and promoting meaningful, practical projects that benefit the region.
Residence: Harmony, Beaver County
Family: Husband, Nathaniel, and four children, ages 15, 13, 6 and 3.
Occupation: Owner of Business Liaison, a virtual administrative and marketing service; also owner and co-founder of Ambridge Connection, a website that promotes the greater Ambridge area; and executive director/founder of Help Them Play, a nonprofit that helps low-income children get financial aid to play organized sports.
Quote: “I hope to bring diversity to the board — that's one of the biggest things I see lacking in the Beaver County area. I think that having another viewpoint matters. I like to take action, but at the same time I listen to everybody. I see the holes and gaps, and my goal is to find that gap and fill it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Secret Service chief resigns after security lapses
- Attorney General seeks halt in Conneaut Lake Park sheriff’s sale
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- Group’s grant to help Pittsburgh feed more needy kids
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized