Newsmaker: Felicia Mycyk
Noteworthy: The Leaders Serving Beaver County Board has tapped Mycyk to fill a board vacancy starting in September. The organization provides learning and teaching opportunities for local business leaders, with a focus on supporting Christian entrepreneurs and promoting meaningful, practical projects that benefit the region.
Residence: Harmony, Beaver County
Family: Husband, Nathaniel, and four children, ages 15, 13, 6 and 3.
Occupation: Owner of Business Liaison, a virtual administrative and marketing service; also owner and co-founder of Ambridge Connection, a website that promotes the greater Ambridge area; and executive director/founder of Help Them Play, a nonprofit that helps low-income children get financial aid to play organized sports.
Quote: “I hope to bring diversity to the board — that's one of the biggest things I see lacking in the Beaver County area. I think that having another viewpoint matters. I like to take action, but at the same time I listen to everybody. I see the holes and gaps, and my goal is to find that gap and fill it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Domestic dispute at gas station leads to lockdown at Arsenal Middle School
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Judge orders 28 UPMC protesters who blocked traffic to do community service
- Judge hears arguments on Conneaut tax status, sheriff’s sale could be delayed
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North