South Butler School District fills staff positions
School district officials hired new administrative staff and faculty in preparation for the upcoming school year.
Tyler Vargo will serve as Knoch High School assistant principal. His salary was set at $75,000. He will take over for outgoing assistant principal Todd Trofimuk.
Vargo spent the past seven years working for Leechburg Area School District as a teacher and in administrative roles.
Once he officially resigns from Leechburg Area, Vargo will start at South Butler School District, most likely at the end of the month or in early August.
The school board also hired Michael King as director of athletics and activities. His salary also will be $75,000.
King has been with the district for 18 years and has been the head football coach for 14 years.
"It's been a long association," King said.
King will take over as athletic director on Monday.
The board also agreed to hire: Cary Beale, as long-term substitute teacher at a salary of $32,255; Ron McNabb, boys' basketball coach for $6,492; Harry Bayne III, as junior varsity softball coach for $2,550; and Jennifer Kopac, as girls' assistant track coach for $2,678.
"We're excited to have all of those positions in place," Superintendent Dale Lumley said.
New orchestra class requested
A Knoch Senior High School student wants the school board to consider adding a new orchestra class.
Katie Morrow noted that many other subjects, including math and English, are offered at differing levels and argued that orchestra should be as well.
Morrow asked the board to consider adding an after-school, advanced orchestra club for the upcoming school year. She also requested an advanced orchestra class for the 2013-14 school year.
The board took no action.
Comments regarding this story can be sent to email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Daytona Beach passes Butler for longest parade of Jeeps, but festival organizers vow to retake honor
- FBI agent urges Seneca Valley parents to keep up with technology
- Four campaigning for Butler County register of wills post
- Butler Township manager concerned about VA clinic traffic
- Butler commissioner candidates discuss strengthening economy
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- Seneca Valley dance marathon raises $19,000 for charity
- VA Butler Healthcare lauds two outstanding volunteers
- Fired Butler official O’Malley claims political, age discrimination
- Butler man to stand trial on molestation charges at day care
- Grant to fund Butler hotel in Centre City Project