Collection set up for Evans City family that lost home
By Rick Wills
Published: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:30 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 4, 2013
The Evans City Fire Department will collect items to help a family whose trailer home was destroyed by fire Friday.
The department will take the donations at 124 North Jackson St., from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
For more information visit to www.EvansCityLions.org.
The fire broke out at 10:15 a.m. at the Pioneer Ave., home of Drew and Cindy Pearce.
Firefighters reported no injuries, though initially, neighbors feared that Cindy Pearce and a child were trapped inside, because her vehicle was parked outside.
"We all really thought she was in there, and we couldn't get an answer," said Jo Amerson, a postal carrier, who arrived when the fire started.
Cindy Pearce was determined to be at a doctor's appointment.
Amerson heard a dog barking and broke a back door. The dog was not conscious and she performed CPR to revive it.
"Everybody is fine, unfortunately they lost everything," Evans City Fire Chief Mark Adomaitis said.
Trooper Luke Nelson, the state fire marshal, was trying to determine the cause.
"The way these mobile homes are built, they go up very fast," he said.
- Kick-off event to highlight bike program
- Shared programs by Butler County government agencies benefit many
- Former railroad property eyed as site for sewage treatment plant
- Butler police add second K-9 officer
- Thousands bid for bargains, for hidden treasures at Butler auction house
- Budzilek looks forward to role as next Mars superintendent
- Butler Area district board to vote on roofing bids
- 2 compete for GOP nomination in Butler County controller fight
- Seven Fields mayoral candidates agree regional police department is vital
- Safety concerns have kept elections out of Butler County school buildings
- Butler Downtown earns accreditation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.