Butler school briefs
Center accepting K registrations
Mars Area Primary Center will accept completed kindergarten registration packets for the 2013-14 school year from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday at Mars Area School District Administration Office. The selection of a.m. or p.m. kindergarten session will be done through a lottery. Kindergarten is open to children who will be 5 on or before Sunday, Sept. 1. Parents can stop by the school's main office between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to obtain a registration packet. Call 724-625-1588.
Foundation to meet
Mars Planet Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, at Mars Area School District Administration Office, 545 Route 228, Mars. The foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, helps develop, promote and finance educational programs, activities and projects in the district. All meetings are open to the public. For information, contact Anna Saker, director of pupil services, at 724-898-1562.
Mars Area student and eighth-grader Claire Staresinic will compete in the Pennsylvania State Geography Bee next month. Staresinic earned first place for the second consecutive year at the Mars Area Geography Bee, held in January at Centennial School. She then completed a written exam to qualify for the state contest, which will be held April 5 in Gettysburg. The state winner will advance to the National Geography Bee competition, which takes place May 20-22 in Washington, D.C. The National Geographic Society sponsors the contest.
Talent show set
The Seneca Valley Middle School in Harmony will host its Middle School Talent Show at 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 6, in the middle school multipurpose room. Tickets are $5 and will be sold to students during all lunches, as well as at the door. More than 50 students will compete. Call 724-452-6040.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Butler Treasurer Marburger seeks Republican nomination
- Butler Downtown group to continue
- Excitement building for new farm store at Clearview Mall
- Fireworks festival hopes to draw crowd to Cooper’s Lake
- Harmony, Zelienople fire departments talk merger
- Cranberry walkers, bikers dramatically gain more friendly trails
- Police ID Beaver County man as victim in fatal Butler County crash
- Traffic signals to be re-timed at intersections in Cranberry, Adams, Seven Fields, Marshall
- Government fines Butler Memorial
- Eckstein lone incumbent seeking re-election as Butler County commissioner
- Moser reflects on 21 years as Butler County’s Register of Wills