Butler County school briefs
Ballet, modern dance workshop set for April 13
Seneca Valley Performing Arts will host a workshop in ballet and modern dance on Saturday, April 13, at the Seneca Valley Performing Arts Studio in the middle school. The workshop, which is an introduction to the program, will include two groups in ballet and two groups in modern dance based on age. Dancers in age groups 10-13 and 14-18 are invited to attend from 9 a.m. to noon for a fun and challenging day of dance. RSVP with Katie Osan, Seneca Valley receptionist, by April 5 at Osanka@svsd.net or call 724-452-6042, ext. 0. The first 30 registrations for each age group will be accepted. There will be a $20 charge. Payment will be taken at the beginning of class. The school is at 122 Seneca School Road, Harmony.
District to conduct screening interviews for teachers
Seneca Valley School District will conduct screening interviews for certified teachers from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 29. District administrators will screen candidates for possible vacancies along with long-term substitute or day-to-day extended assignments. To schedule an appointment, email Pattie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should bring a cover letter and resume. The screening will be at the middle school. For additional information call 724-631-1652 or go to www.svsd.net.
Mars Area School District's Office of Special and Gifted Education will offer a parent training workshop from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on April 24. “Self-Advocacy: Your Child's Own Voice” will be held at Mars Middle School. For details, call Deborah Adams, director of Special and Gifted Education, at 724-898-1561.
On Thursday, April 11, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Slippery Rock High School, Megan Groh Miller, M.D., a primary care sports medicine specialist with Tri Rivers Surgical Associates, will discuss and answer questions about concussion treatment and prevention. To register, call 412-369-7812. Slippery Rock High School is located at 201 Kiester Road, Slippery Rock.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Adams couple faces fight in quest to drill on land near Mars schools
- Cranberry Water Park offering more swim time than last year
- Butler County Community College receives $1M donation
- Newsmaker: Brian Stein
- Energy company addresses Mars parent group’s requests
- 6-month fix expected for damage caused by truck slamming into Zelienople church
- Organizers seek to make Lake Arthur Regatta a showcase for Moraine State Park
- Newsmaker: Tim Croll
- Butler native enjoys taking part in Penguins prospect camp
- Aging water mains to be replaced