Nominations open for awards for Butler County teachers
United Way of Butler County is accepting nominations for Red Apple Awards, which honor educators who exemplify outstanding dedication to students and a commitment to the wider community.
An award will be presented to one pre-K educator, and a K-12 educator teaching in each of the seven Butler County School Districts along with one instructor or professor from Butler County Vo-Tech, Butler County Community College and Slippery Rock University.
Anyone can make a nomination. Nomination forms may be mailed to United Way of Butler County, 184 Pittsburgh Road, Butler, PA 16001 or faxed to 724-287-1470. Nomination forms are available at any of the schools or at www.butlerunitedway.org. They can faxed to 724-287-1470. The deadline for nominations is April 26.
Awardees will be announced in May and honored at the United Way of Butler County annual breakfast meeting.
In addition to a plaque, a $500 cash award will be given to each winner for use at school. These cash awards are sponsored by Butler County businesses and organizations.
Last year, $5,500 in cash grants benefitted 2,000 students and more than 200 faculty members with music, fitness, science, and technology equipment. It also covered fees for student certifications, uniforms and equipment, according to the United Way.
For more information, contact Kathleen Treme at 724-285-4883, ext. 223 or email: KTreme@ButlerUnitedWay.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hotel anchors Village of Cranberry Woods development plan
- City of Butler to lift summer concert alcohol ban
- Controller withholds housing agency check
- With usage shrinking, Butler County senior centers ponder changes
- Butler community college opens 4-year degree options
- Former agency supervisor claims Butler County fired her because of her age
- Butler County authority: O’Malley’s leave from agency must remain confidential
- Mars board hopes to hire superintendent by May
- Former Butler law clerk seeks register of wills position