Butler County nursing home loses less money than expected
Sunnyview, Butler County's nursing home, lost less money than expected during the first five months of 2013, officials said.
The nursing home lost $320,000 through the end of May, when county officials expected to lose nearly $430,000. Nursing home officials said the home lost less than expected because of a high census, about 98 percent, and a state bonus program to take in certain patients led to an additional $188,000 Medicaid payment.
The county and the union representing Sunnyview workers are talking about employee concessions to save more money.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connequenessing Valley innovative learning space emphasizes interaction
- High number of rentals a double-edged sword for Butler
- Aldi set to open Cranberry location
- Grant provides resources for SRO officer at Seneca Valley
- Drilling regulations divisive in Middlesex
- Butler County community reigns as king of Cranberries
- Butler County to join growing 911 network
- Middlesex natural gas drilling hearings under way
- Butler County holiday events schedule
- Butler city parking garage price tag at least $5.5M
- Rex Energy puts Marcellus shale drilling site work in Middlesex on hold during appeals