Dinner event at Butler County Country Club to benefit health clinic
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Without the Community Health Clinic of Butler County, Barb Browne said she would have nowhere else to go for medical care.
“I have no insurance,” said Browne, 62, a widow from Summit, Butler County. “If I'm sick, I call them. I can't call a doctor because I can't afford it.”
The East Butler nonprofit, which provides free medical and dental care to the county's uninsured, hosts its first dinner benefit Nov. 2 at the Butler County Country Club in Penn, featuring chefs from several restaurants and WQED host Chris Fennimore.
“Nonprofits are always looking for something new, something that hasn't been done,” said clinic Executive Director Cece Foster.
The clinic's annual budget of just more than $500,000 comes from grants, foundations, corporate giving, private donations and fundraisers, Foster said. The clinic does not receive federal money or third-party reimbursements.
Since opening more than five years ago, the clinic has served nearly 5,000 patients, Foster said. It has a client list of about 1,000.
Fennimore, who produces “QED Cooks,” and chefs from restaurants Andora, Butler Country Club, Echo, Hotel Saxonburg, Natili's and Siba will cook and serve signature dishes from each restaurant.
Attendance is limited to 125 people. Tickets are $100 per person, or $150 per person with wine. Call 724-841-0980 for tickets.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- GOP candidates for state House set to debate
- International Baccalaureate classes coming to Seneca Valley
- Cranberry native lands prestigious merit-based scholarship
- Cranberry’s Community Chest hopes yearly project will boost VFDs across county
- Easter sermons in Butler County offer messages of hope, love
- Portersville man charged with homicide of Harmony man
- $25M in road construction planned for Butler County
- VA Butler Healthcare honors pair with newly created Volunteers of the Year awards
- Management company to pump up Regatta at Lake Arthur weekend
- No West Nile funding needed in Butler County as DEP chooses grant recipients
- Day of Giving to benefit Butler symphony