Veterans Day ceremony, parade on tap
Veterans Day events
• The annual Veterans Day ceremony sponsored by Butler County's Veteran Services honoring all veterans will begin at 9 a.m. Monday.
The ceremony will be held at the VA Butler Healthcare auditorium, 325 New Castle Road, Butler Township.
The ceremony is open to the public.
• Butler County's annual Veterans Day parade will begin at 10:40 a.m. Monday on Main Street in Downtown Butler. The parade features high school marching bands, veterans units and other participants.
For additional information, call 724-284-5352.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Festival organizers aim to break record for Jeeps on display
- New book boasts of Butler being home to 1st Jeep
- Allowing website access a school dilemma
- Butler County residents work to make house tours memorable
- Agency operating Butler baseball stadium disbands
- Adams man faces trial on charges of misusing stepdaughter’s student loans
- Butler set to approve contract allowing part-time police
- Around town: Butler Area board chooses new leadership
- Zelienople company builds on Christmas lighting tradition
- Regional police department to make its debut Jan. 1
- Mars Community Pool not likely to reopen in 2015