4-H members from Butler County excel at state show
Fifteen Butler County 4-H members participated in the 2013 Pennsylvania Junior Dairy Show this fall, with many placing in their divisions.
The state dairy show is the highest level of competition within the Pennsylvania 4-H dairy program, said Donna Zang, Penn State Butler Extension educator.
Brooklyn Peters of Connoquenessing finished third in the Spring Calf class.
Robin Peters of Connoquenessing won first place and Junior Champion for her Fall Yearling and first place for her Spring Yearling. She also took fifth and Master Showman in the Spring Calf class.
Brown Swiss division
Richard Fisher of Portersville took third for his Dry Cows Senior 2-Years and Over entry. He also won a Master Showman award.
Madalyn Fry of Butler took second and won a Master Showman award in the Spring Calf class.
David Schultheis of Karns City took second and won Master Showman for his Summer Yearling entry.
Taylor Kennedy of Valencia received Master Showman and third place for her Spring Yearling entry.
Jacob Kennedy of Valencia placed second and received a Master Showman award for his Winter Yearling entry.
Trisha Covert of Chicora earned Master Showman, Best Animal Owned and Bred with her second place Senior 2-Year-Old entry. Also, her 4-Year-Old entry took second and her Spring Calf entry was third.
Cole Miller of Chicora placed fifth in the Summer Yearling class and was named Master Showman.
Marc Galante of Butler placed seventh with his Winter Calf entry.
Larissa Lesney of Butler finished third and earned Master Showman for her Junior 2-Year-Old entry.
Nolan Kummer of Evans City placed seventh in the Fall Calf class.
Jake Booher of New Castle took second place and won a Master Showman award with his 6-Years-and-Older entry.
Brooklyn Peters placed eighth in the Fall Calf class.
Red and White division
Lane Kummer of Evans City placed third with her Senior 2-Year-Old entry.
Rachel Farkas is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-779-6902 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Evans City teen hops to top of rabbit competition
- Butler County assistant DA to run for city district judge
- Butler agency hires lawyer over O’Malley leave
- Middlesex drilling debate rolls on
- Butler County skiers ready for Special Olympics
- Shaffer to retire as Butler County Prison warden
- Charges expunged against Butler County man in ’61 lunch-counter protest
- Butler council to consider parking restrictions
- Seneca Valley school recognized for counseling program
- Butler County housing exec on leave
- Government fines Butler Memorial