Events, shopping opportunities abound in Butler County
There is plenty happening in Butler County this holiday season. Here is a list of events and shopping opportunities:
• Sunday: Milk and cookies with Santa at Cranberry municipal center. Children decorate holiday cookies and make crafts. Hours: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Fee of $11 for township residents and $14 for non-residents. Registration required by calling 724-776-4806, ext. 1129, or visit cranberrytownship.org/programs.
• Sunday: Brunch with Santa. Highlands Golf Course. 5601 Freshcorn Road, Cranberry. 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sign up at www.cranberrytownship.org/programs or 724-776-4806, ext. 1129.
• Sunday: Repeat performance of the Holiday Traditions concert by Butler County Symphony. 2:30 p.m. matinee performance at Seneca Valley Intermediate High School. Not included with season subscription. Tickets available at ShowClix.com.
• Friday: Students from Mars Area Middle School will be caroling throughout the community. Valencia Woods, 10 a.m.; St. John/LAS (Mars), 11:30 a.m.; Cranberry Place Nursing Center, 12:50 p.m. For more information, call 724-625-3145.
• Saturdays and Sundays, through Dec. 22: Christmas in the Country. Crafts, decorations, Santa. Author Leigh Ann Hrutkay of Shaler will sign copies of her book, “Rise and Shine, Little Child.” For All Family Farms, 328 Hoon Road, Butler. 724-822-8852. www.forallfamilyfarms.com.
• Through Dec. 24: Annual Holiday Gift Basket Extravaganza. Visit participating shops, enter to win a gift basket from each shop with a value of $100 minimum. Specials and surprises at each store including many open house events.
• Through Dec. 29: Christmas in the Park in Ellwood City will open nightly except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Santa will be available for visitors at Trefoil Lodge from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 724-652-1004.
• Dec. 31: German New Year's Celebration. Harmony Museum. 218 Mercer St., Harmony. Free. 2 to 6:20 p.m. Family-friendly event. Harmony celebrates New Year's fireworks and singing of Auld Lang Syne with a pork and sauerkraut dinner, entertainment. 5K race at 3 p.m. and 1-mile fun run/walk at town diamond. 724-452-7341. www.harmonymuseum.org.
• Dec. 31: New Year's Eve Party at Marriott, Pittsburgh North, Cranberry Woods, Route 228; St. Ferdinand Church annual fundraiser. 7:15 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets purchased before Dec. 22 are $75; tickets purchased between Dec. 22 and Dec. 29 are $80. Call 724-776-9177, ext. 313, or 724-779-3986 for tickets.
• Jan. 1: Polar Plunge into the frigid creek at Harmony's canoe launch area, at the west end of Jackson Street, 1 p.m. Plungers are welcome to warm up at the Harmony Inn, Mercer and Wood streets, starting at 11 a.m. Registration begins at the canoe launch at noon, but advance registrations are accepted by mail or online, and plungers can be sponsored for $20 each. Benefits local volunteer fire company and borough parks. Those not up to plunging are invited to cheer on the swimmers.
• Through Jan. 4: Annual Holiday Show. The Art Center, 344 S. Main St., Butler. 724-283-6922. www.aabcartcenter.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Butler County initiative aims to find employment for struggling job-seekers
- Adams man dies after being hit by vehicle
- Agency operating Butler baseball stadium disbands
- Mars Area students put science theory into practice
- Adams man faces trial on charges of misusing stepdaughter’s student loans