Cranberry to offer additional parking for commuters at North Boundary Park
Commuters can use North Boundary Park in Cranberry beginning Monday as an alternative to the Route 528 park-and-ride lot in Jackson, Butler County.
New Castle Transit has been looking for an alternate site, as construction to expand the lot has created a parking shortage there.
Nearly 40 parking spaces are available at the Route 528 lot through Jan. 31, and the lot will close the next day as construction continues for the next three to five months. Once completed, the lot is expected to have more than 200 parking spaces.
Though there are 199 parking spaces at the Cranberry park, township officials said they expect about 75 commuters will use the lot daily.
Pickup and dropoff times will remain the same at the North Boundary location. Commuters should go to the water park adjacent to the lot for parking and pick-up.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Butler commissioner candidates discuss strengthening economy
- Butler Township manager concerned about VA clinic traffic
- Four campaigning for Butler County register of wills post
- VA Butler Healthcare lauds two outstanding volunteers
- FBI agent urges Seneca Valley parents to keep up with technology
- Seneca Valley dance marathon raises $19,000 for charity
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- ‘ChildFirst’ helps victims, Butler police
- Butler man to stand trial on molestation charges at day care