Cranberry to offer additional parking for commuters at North Boundary Park
Commuters can use North Boundary Park in Cranberry beginning Monday as an alternative to the Route 528 park-and-ride lot in Jackson, Butler County.
New Castle Transit has been looking for an alternate site, as construction to expand the lot has created a parking shortage there.
Nearly 40 parking spaces are available at the Route 528 lot through Jan. 31, and the lot will close the next day as construction continues for the next three to five months. Once completed, the lot is expected to have more than 200 parking spaces.
Though there are 199 parking spaces at the Cranberry park, township officials said they expect about 75 commuters will use the lot daily.
Pickup and dropoff times will remain the same at the North Boundary location. Commuters should go to the water park adjacent to the lot for parking and pick-up.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harmony man facing charges in fatal crash
- Renewed awareness of ALS gives hope to those with disease in Butler County and beyond
- CV Elementary teachers think about math process
- Zelienople park board discusses idea of replacing pool
- XTO to rework application to drill near Moraine State Park
- Butler motorists can pay for parking with new app
- Skateboarding popularity ramps up concerns in Zelienople
- Butler County task force aims to raise awareness about suicide
- New police chief position could be in works for Cranberry
- Government offices, some businesses closed for Labor Day in Butler