Holiday events continue
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013, 7:09 p.m.
There is plenty happening in Butler County this holiday season. Here is a list of events and shopping opportunities:
• Sunday: Christmas in the Country. Crafts, decorations, Santa. Author Leigh Ann Hrutkay of Shaler will sign copies of her book, “Rise and Shine, Little Child.” For All Family Farms, 328 Hoon Road, Butler. 724-822-8852. www.forallfamilyfarms.com.
• Through Tuesday: Annual Holiday Gift Basket Extravaganza. Visit participating shops, enter to win a gift basket from each shop with a value of $100 minimum.
Specials and surprises at each store including many open house events.
• Through Dec. 29: Christmas in the Park in Ellwood City will open nightly except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Santa will be available for visitors at Trefoil Lodge from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 724-652-1004.
• Dec. 31: German New Year's Celebration. Harmony Museum. 218 Mercer St., Harmony. Free. 2 to 6:20 p.m. Family-friendly event.
Harmony celebrates New Year's fireworks and singing of Auld Lang Syne with a pork and sauerkraut dinner, entertainment. 5K race at 3 p.m. and 1-mile fun run/walk at town diamond. 724-452-7341. www.harmonymuseum.org.
• Dec. 31: New Year's Eve Party at Marriott, Pittsburgh North, Cranberry Woods, Route 228; St. Ferdinand Church annual fundraiser. 7:15 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets purchased before Dec. 29 are $80. Call 724-776-9177, ext. 313, or 724-779-3986 for tickets.
• Jan. 1: Polar Plunge into the frigid creek at Harmony's canoe launch area, at the west end of Jackson Street, 1 p.m.
Plungers are welcome to warm up at the Harmony Inn, Mercer and Wood streets, starting at 11 a.m.
Registration begins at the canoe launch at noon, but advance registrations are accepted by mail or online, and plungers can be sponsored for $20 each. Benefits the local volunteer fire company and borough parks. Those not up to plunging are invited to cheer on the swimmers.
• Through Jan. 4: Annual Holiday Show. The Art Center, 344 S. Main St., Butler. 724-283-6922. www.aabcartcenter.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.