Holiday events continue
There is plenty happening in Butler County this holiday season. Here is a list of events and shopping opportunities:
• Sunday: Christmas in the Country. Crafts, decorations, Santa. Author Leigh Ann Hrutkay of Shaler will sign copies of her book, “Rise and Shine, Little Child.” For All Family Farms, 328 Hoon Road, Butler. 724-822-8852. www.forallfamilyfarms.com.
• Through Tuesday: Annual Holiday Gift Basket Extravaganza. Visit participating shops, enter to win a gift basket from each shop with a value of $100 minimum.
Specials and surprises at each store including many open house events.
• Through Dec. 29: Christmas in the Park in Ellwood City will open nightly except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Santa will be available for visitors at Trefoil Lodge from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 724-652-1004.
• Dec. 31: German New Year's Celebration. Harmony Museum. 218 Mercer St., Harmony. Free. 2 to 6:20 p.m. Family-friendly event.
Harmony celebrates New Year's fireworks and singing of Auld Lang Syne with a pork and sauerkraut dinner, entertainment. 5K race at 3 p.m. and 1-mile fun run/walk at town diamond. 724-452-7341. www.harmonymuseum.org.
• Dec. 31: New Year's Eve Party at Marriott, Pittsburgh North, Cranberry Woods, Route 228; St. Ferdinand Church annual fundraiser. 7:15 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets purchased before Dec. 29 are $80. Call 724-776-9177, ext. 313, or 724-779-3986 for tickets.
• Jan. 1: Polar Plunge into the frigid creek at Harmony's canoe launch area, at the west end of Jackson Street, 1 p.m.
Plungers are welcome to warm up at the Harmony Inn, Mercer and Wood streets, starting at 11 a.m.
Registration begins at the canoe launch at noon, but advance registrations are accepted by mail or online, and plungers can be sponsored for $20 each. Benefits the local volunteer fire company and borough parks. Those not up to plunging are invited to cheer on the swimmers.
• Through Jan. 4: Annual Holiday Show. The Art Center, 344 S. Main St., Butler. 724-283-6922. www.aabcartcenter.com.