Venango man jailed on charges he stole teeth whitener
A man has been charged with shoplifting teeth whitening strips from a grocery store, then reselling them to a secondhand shop in Venango County.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Kofalt, 39, of Franklin who faces a preliminary hearing Wednesday on retail theft and other charges in Venango County Central Court.
The (Oil City) Derrick reports Kofalt stole the whiteners from a store in Cranberry Township, then resold them at The Attic, the second-hand store in Oil City, on five occasions.
Police have seized 21 boxes of the whitening strips, which retail for between $25 and $60.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Kofalt.
Kofalt has three previous retail theft convictions, making the current charges against him misdemeanors.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fireworks festival hopes to draw crowd to Cooper’s Lake
- Harmony, Zelienople fire departments talk merger
- Cranberry walkers, bikers dramatically gain more friendly trails
- Butler Downtown group to continue
- Butler Treasurer Marburger seeks Republican nomination
- Excitement building for new farm store at Clearview Mall
- Committee meeting set to ‘refresh’ Cranberry’s traffic improvement plan
- Traffic signals to be re-timed at intersections in Cranberry, Adams, Seven Fields, Marshall