Newsmaker: Maribeth McLaughlin
Noteworthy: A nominating committee chose McLaughlin to chair the American Hospital Association's Maternal and Child Health Governing Council starting in 2015. The 14-member council of senior health care executives advises the association on issues that affect women's and children's health.
Residence: Seven Fields, Butler County
Family: Husband, Mark L. McLaughlin; children, Patrick, 20, Kaitlyn, 18, and Connor, 15.
Occupation: Chief nursing officer and vice president of patient care services at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
Background: A former staff nurse at Magee, McLaughlin ascended the ranks to her current job about eight years ago. The health governing council under her leadership will help the hospital association understand how the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, is affecting maternal and child health care across the country.
Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing from Duquesne University, 1985; master's degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University, 1998.
Quote: “It's really important that we ensure programs aren't cut, and that we ensure patients can seek the resources they need, as we move forward in a whole new paradigm of health care.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Butler Redevelopment Authority, owner of Pullman Park baseball stadium, says it’s insolvent
- Cranberry looks to list future road improvement projects
- Trick or treating in these Butler County communities set for Oct. 31
- Briefs: Banks make donations to education foundation
- Harmony, Zelienople fire departments consider merger
- Buffalo man restores beat-up Studebaker to pristine condition
- Issues plague Butler smartphone parking app