Cranberry park damaged by vandals, police say
Vandals caused more than $10,000 of damage at Graham Park in Cranberry sometime between Friday and Monday, police said.
Someone damaged lighting in the park, several downspouts on buildings and a public bathroom. Items were thrown into the Boy Scouts of America fishing pond, lights around some of the flagpoles were damaged, and several American flags were stolen. A Boy Scout flag, as well as a Girl Scouts of the USA flag, also were stolen, according to Cranberry police.
Township crews were making repairs and determining the extent of damage Monday, police said.
The park houses the Dick's Sporting Goods Sportsplex and the Miracle League of Southwestern Pennsylvania, which allows children with special needs to play baseball.
Anyone with information is asked to call Cranberry police at 724-776-5180, ext. 5.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aldi set to open Cranberry location
- High number of rentals a double-edged sword for Butler
- Grant provides resources for SRO officer at Seneca Valley
- Butler County to join growing 911 network
- Connequenessing Valley innovative learning space emphasizes interaction
- Drilling regulations divisive in Middlesex
- Route 228 stretch widening in early stages
- Butler County community reigns as king of Cranberries
- Man dies in apparent tree-trimming accident in Zelienople
- Butler County holiday events schedule