Butler County man struck, killed by van
A North Washington, Butler County, man was killed when he was hit by a van late Friday, state police said.
According to a police news release, Cody Wiles, 21, was walking southbound in the northbound lane of Oneida Valley Road in Washington, Butler County around 10:30 p.m. Friday. Andrew Cohen, 47, of Stroudsburg, was driving south, and pulled into the northbound lane in a marked passing zone to pass another motorist . While pulling back into the southbound lane, Cohen's van hit Wiles, police said.
Wiles was pronounced dead at Butler Memorial Hospital. Police said an investigation continues.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Burrell students embark on educational adventure
- Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Mt. Pleasant
- Penn State New Ken celebrates ‘Unity Day’
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Corps asks more input on nuclear dump plans
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Springdale puts limits on adult businesses
- Valley routs Freeport 61-39 to keep playoff hopes alive