Day of Giving to benefit Butler symphony
The Butler County Symphony Orchestra announced Friday it will be among the nonprofit organizations from Allegheny, Westmoreland and Butler counties to benefit from the 2014 Day of Giving on May 6.
The event is part of Give Local America, the national day for community foundations to generate money for nonprofits by providing a match to what is given by individual donors.
“We are fortunate to live in an area where there is a strong emphasis in the arts,” Ed Wadding, president, Butler County Symphony Association, said in a statement.
“Like most arts organizations, our ticket prices only cover about 30 percent of our expenses. We are so thankful to those individuals, businesses and corporations who have shown their financial support for more than 65 years so that we can continue to share our music.”
The Day of Giving will take place May 6, from 6 a.m. until midnight. Organizations receiving donations will receive a pro-rated portion from the match pool established by the event's local sponsor, The Pittsburgh Foundation. The match will be capped at $1,000 per donor transaction per organization, according to the foundation.
Donations need to be made through www.pittsburghgives.org using a Visa or Mastercard and need to be at least $25.
More information about the Day of Giving is available at www.pittsburghgives.org. More information about the Butler County Symphony is available at www.butlersymphony.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zelienople woman captures 4th shuffleboard gold medal at National Senior Games
- Butler County motorist dies in accident with tractor
- Regatta annually attracts thousands to Moraine State Park
- Connoquenessing neighborhood turns to Web to raise money for clean water
- Butler’s jeep record could face Florida challenger
- New annex will ease Butler County office overcrowding
- Heavy rains slow Butler Township maintenance projects
- Bob Evans backs out of Route 422 development