Butler County Community College satellite campus to close due to threat
A Butler County Community College satellite campus will close on the first day of final exams next week because of threats found written in a men's bathroom stall.
College officials said the threats were found Tuesday, April 29, at the school's Lawrence Crossing facility in Union Township, Lawrence County.
The facility was closed for the rest of that day the threats were found, even though the threats indicate the bombing or shooting will occur next Tuesday, May 6.
School spokeswoman Susan Changnon says students must contact professors about where and when to take exams scheduled for that day.
Changnon says the FBI advised the school to either beef up security or close for the day.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Giant Eagle Inc. appears to have settled ‘fuelperks!’ lawsuit
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games