Butler County Community College satellite campus to close due to threat
A Butler County Community College satellite campus will close on the first day of final exams next week because of threats found written in a men's bathroom stall.
College officials said the threats were found Tuesday, April 29, at the school's Lawrence Crossing facility in Union Township, Lawrence County.
The facility was closed for the rest of that day the threats were found, even though the threats indicate the bombing or shooting will occur next Tuesday, May 6.
School spokeswoman Susan Changnon says students must contact professors about where and when to take exams scheduled for that day.
Changnon says the FBI advised the school to either beef up security or close for the day.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Iron Mountain digs deep in Butler County mine to bring in clients
- Butler faced with $1M deficit
- Seneca Valley to host Keystone State Music Theater’s ‘Legally Blonde, Jr.’
- Inmate found hanging in Butler County jail
- Middlesex natural gas drilling hearings under way
- Rex Energy keeps focus on Butler County
- Fire sweeps through house in Jackson
- Police investigating possible link between woman’s death, Pittsburgh homicide case
- Butler County schools fare well in state performance ratings
- Butler County to join growing 911 network