Newsmaker: John Giles
Noteworthy: The Butler County Chamber of Commerce awarded Giles, the president and CEO of Future POS, the 2014 William A. Morgan Jr. Entrepreneur of the Year Award. The award is given each year to an outstanding local business owner.
Residence: Center, Butler County.
Family: Wife, Kelly, who is co-owner and vice president of the firm; and two children.
Occupation: Owner of Future POS in Center, a point of sale software solution firm designed for the hospitality and retail industries. It has 40 employees and was founded in 1998.
Background: Member of the Retail Solutions Providers Association
Education: 1987 graduate of Butler High School and 1988 graduate of the former School of Computer Technology, Downtown, with a certification in computer science.
Quote: “We're honored to receive this prestigious award. Bill Morgan is a legend in the business community in the Butler area.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Excitement building for new farm store at Clearview Mall
- Butler Downtown group to continue
- Butler police arrest man on charges connected to theft of copper pipe
- Cranberry walkers, bikers dramatically gain more friendly trails
- Butler County communities debate charging for mutual-aid responses
- Traffic signals to be re-timed at intersections in Cranberry, Adams, Seven Fields, Marshall
- Government fines Butler Memorial
- 2 more candidates declare for Butler County commission nomination
- Butler board backs plan to close elementary schools
- Eckstein lone incumbent seeking re-election as Butler County commissioner
- Police ID Beaver County man as victim in fatal Butler County crash