TribLIVE

| News

 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Minimal damage, no injuries in Slippery Rock restaurant fire

Email Newsletters

Click here to sign up for one of our email newsletters.
By Corinne Kennedy
Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014, 5:33 p.m.
 

A fire in the restaurant section of the North Country Brewing Co. in Slippery Rock damaged only a small amount of equipment, director of operations Keith Kolarosky said.

The restaurant and brewery did not have to close because of the Aug. 3 fire.

“We're not quite sure how it started,” Kolarosky said, but speculated either lint or grease.

He estimated about $500 of damages to the dryer and some cleaning rags.

Cleaning crews noticed the fire around 6:15 a.m. and called 911, Kolarosky said.

“We got lucky,” he said. “There's a bad smell we're working on getting rid of, but there really wasn't much damage.”

Corinne Kennedy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7823 or ckennedy@tribweb.com.

Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.

 

 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Butler

  1. Butler County motorist dies in accident with tractor
  2. Zelienople woman captures 4th shuffleboard gold medal at National Senior Games
  3. Bob Evans backs out of Route 422 development