Pa. council members targeted over Toby Keith spoof
MOUNT JEWETT -- A borough councilman from northwestern Pennsylvania says he meant no harm when he spoofed of country music star Toby Keith's hit song "Red Solo Cup" at a recent community festival.
The Bradford Era reports Monday that Mount Jewett resident Jim Troutman wants Councilman Brett Morgan to resign. Troutman claims Morgan changed the lyrics to the song during the town's annual Swedish Festival last month to make an allegedly insulting reference to Troutman's trash-hauling business.
Morgan tells the AP he did change the song's lyrics to include the words "Red Roll-Off Truck," which Troutman says referred to one of his garbage trucks.
Morgan says he's sent an apology to Troutman but denied purposely insulting Troutman. Morgan says Troutman wasn't at the festival but was told about the song.
The song celebrates disposable cups commonly used at drinking parties.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel
- 1st Jewish MIss America’s scandal ended political career
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Pitt, Louisville square off after unusually long layoffs
- State’s no-bid contracts with private law firms prompt scrutiny