Police: Call from 'burglar' actually came from dog
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, October 5, 2012, 4:48 p.m.
Updated: Friday, October 5, 2012
OREM, Utah - Police in Orem, Utah, say a man who thought he was getting a call from a burglar had actually gotten a call from his dog.
Authorities in the community south of Salt Lake City say the man alerted police Wednesday after he received a phone call from his home phone on his cellphone. Officials say the man heard banging and scratching noises on the line and figured it was an intruder.
Police went to the man's home but didn't find anything missing or broken.
The man later called officers and told them he figured out the mystery. He said his dog had grabbed the home phone's receiver and apparently hit the redial button while burying it in the backyard.
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
- Quantum Theatre keeps it fresh in 23rd season
- ‘Material Matters’ exhibit goes through 2 different art forms with 1 thing in common
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Foreigner no stranger to lineup changes
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.