Police: Call from 'burglar' actually came from dog
OREM, Utah - Police in Orem, Utah, say a man who thought he was getting a call from a burglar had actually gotten a call from his dog.
Authorities in the community south of Salt Lake City say the man alerted police Wednesday after he received a phone call from his home phone on his cellphone. Officials say the man heard banging and scratching noises on the line and figured it was an intruder.
Police went to the man's home but didn't find anything missing or broken.
The man later called officers and told them he figured out the mystery. He said his dog had grabbed the home phone's receiver and apparently hit the redial button while burying it in the backyard.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Penn Avenue site tops group’s preservation list
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- Doll, miniature collectors appreciate small details at Westmoreland show
- ‘Rocky Horror’ takes center stage at Regent Square, Greensburg venues
- Bruins lose star Chara to knee injury
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- Westmoreland Symphony conductor to lead ‘Young Person’s Guide’