Police: Call from 'burglar' actually came from dog
OREM, Utah - Police in Orem, Utah, say a man who thought he was getting a call from a burglar had actually gotten a call from his dog.
Authorities in the community south of Salt Lake City say the man alerted police Wednesday after he received a phone call from his home phone on his cellphone. Officials say the man heard banging and scratching noises on the line and figured it was an intruder.
Police went to the man's home but didn't find anything missing or broken.
The man later called officers and told them he figured out the mystery. He said his dog had grabbed the home phone's receiver and apparently hit the redial button while burying it in the backyard.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Roundup: Citizens bank parent says 6-month profit doubles; Former Heinz CEO leaving EDMC board; more
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Car dealers find silver lining in cloud of vehicle recalls
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Fourth Street Bridge repair bill: $1.2M
- Urban new leader at Jefferson
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Neighborhood plays together
- Dogs help kids become confident readers