Philadelphia girl to transfer over Romney shirt flap
PHILADELPHIA -- The father of a 16-year-old Philadelphia girl who says she was mocked by her geometry teacher for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt says his children will not be going back to the school.
Samantha Pawlucy briefly returned to Charles Carroll High School in the city's Port Richmond section Tuesday. That's after she says she was mocked last week by her teacher for wearing the shirt supporting the Republican presidential candidate.
But her father, Richard Pawlucy, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer his daughter never actually made it to class and instead went into the school offices following a rally held by her supporters. He says she felt uncomfortable.
He says Samantha and two other high-school age children in his home will be transferring to another school.
The teacher has apologized.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State court blocks release of Penn State emails between Freeh investigators and Attorney General
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- Kittanning’s Bowers changes commitment from Pitt to Penn State
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pittsburgh police say officers in video did not use excessive force
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Senate GOP, fired open records director file lawsuit against Wolf
- Lockdown over at Propel Braddock Hills
- Arnold woman severely injured in Allegheny Township wreck