Philadelphia girl to transfer over Romney shirt flap
PHILADELPHIA -- The father of a 16-year-old Philadelphia girl who says she was mocked by her geometry teacher for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt says his children will not be going back to the school.
Samantha Pawlucy briefly returned to Charles Carroll High School in the city's Port Richmond section Tuesday. That's after she says she was mocked last week by her teacher for wearing the shirt supporting the Republican presidential candidate.
But her father, Richard Pawlucy, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer his daughter never actually made it to class and instead went into the school offices following a rally held by her supporters. He says she felt uncomfortable.
He says Samantha and two other high-school age children in his home will be transferring to another school.
The teacher has apologized.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Afghan power-sharing deal breaks down