Philadelphia girl to transfer over Romney shirt flap
PHILADELPHIA -- The father of a 16-year-old Philadelphia girl who says she was mocked by her geometry teacher for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt says his children will not be going back to the school.
Samantha Pawlucy briefly returned to Charles Carroll High School in the city's Port Richmond section Tuesday. That's after she says she was mocked last week by her teacher for wearing the shirt supporting the Republican presidential candidate.
But her father, Richard Pawlucy, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer his daughter never actually made it to class and instead went into the school offices following a rally held by her supporters. He says she felt uncomfortable.
He says Samantha and two other high-school age children in his home will be transferring to another school.
The teacher has apologized.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Pro runners go extra mile prior to Downtown Pittsburgh event
- Power facing potential scheduling conflict with ArenaBowl
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Dixon, Pitt men’s basketball team aren’t planning island vacation
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- QB Grady earns high marks for playoff-bound Power