Meadows casino temporarily closing early Tuesday morning
The Meadows Racetrack & Casino will close Tuesday between 1 and 4 a.m., according to a spokesman.
Workers will be upgrading the North Strabane Township's casino's power structure and surveillance system, Tom Meinert said.
Per Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulations, no gaming activity may occur while surveillance systems are inactive, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Fatal HOV lane crash in Ross under investigation
- Editorial cartoons: Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2015
- Penguins notebook: Johnston agrees with Dubinsky suspension
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak