Pennsylvania sells new license plates to honor veterans
By The Associated Press
Published: Monday, February 4, 2013, 11:51 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 4, 2013
HARRISBURG — Pennsylvanians can display their support for military veterans with a new specialized license plate authorized by a state law enacted last year.
The “Honoring Our Veterans” plate costs $35, and nearly half that amount will go to a trust fund run by the state Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
The money will fund grants to service organizations for veterans and other charities.
The new plates are illustrated with a bald eagle and an American flag.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation began selling them last month.
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Police seek suspect in Derry Twp. exposure incident
- Alcoa employee devoted to job, community
- Winfield Township places liens on 33 properties to secure sewer tap-in fees
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.