Pennsylvania sells new license plates to honor veterans
HARRISBURG — Pennsylvanians can display their support for military veterans with a new specialized license plate authorized by a state law enacted last year.
The “Honoring Our Veterans” plate costs $35, and nearly half that amount will go to a trust fund run by the state Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
The money will fund grants to service organizations for veterans and other charities.
The new plates are illustrated with a bald eagle and an American flag.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation began selling them last month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Pitt star running back Conner adjusting to higher profile this year
- Alligator spotted at Cheswick shoreline
- Growing RMU nursing school poised for expansion
- Ford City girls volleyball playing for 1st section banner
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp