New Castle man jailed after acknowledging girl 'crush'
By The Associated Press
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 11:00 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
A New Castle man faces a hearing on charges he raped a 5-year-old girl in 2003 after state prosecutors say he acknowledged having a crush on the girl during a recently recorded phone call.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 34-year-old Aaron Salzano, who faces a hearing Thursday on child rape other charges filed by the state attorney general's office.
Police say the alleged victim, now 15, told Lawrence County child welfare workers about the abuse in July. The agency had investigated Salzano's contact with the girl 10 years ago but determined sex abuse allegations were "unfounded" then.
A local paper reports the district attorney approved letting police record a call between the girl and Salzano, during which he acknowledged having sex with and a "crush" on the girl.
- LV softball headed to D6 title game
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- GM recalls Cadillac SUVs
- U.S. hardens drone stance
- Stanford pitcher Appel set for what could be final college game
- Red tape hampers research on virus
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.