New Castle man jailed after acknowledging girl 'crush'
A New Castle man faces a hearing on charges he raped a 5-year-old girl in 2003 after state prosecutors say he acknowledged having a crush on the girl during a recently recorded phone call.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 34-year-old Aaron Salzano, who faces a hearing Thursday on child rape other charges filed by the state attorney general's office.
Police say the alleged victim, now 15, told Lawrence County child welfare workers about the abuse in July. The agency had investigated Salzano's contact with the girl 10 years ago but determined sex abuse allegations were "unfounded" then.
A local paper reports the district attorney approved letting police record a call between the girl and Salzano, during which he acknowledged having sex with and a "crush" on the girl.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director
- Harrisburg priest named bishop of Greensburg diocese
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan