Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
By The Associated Press
Published: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:24 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
HOUSTON — A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later — Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, “I guess we just succeeded a little too much.”
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- No fare increases in Port Authority of Allegheny County’s next budget
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.