Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
HOUSTON — A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later — Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, “I guess we just succeeded a little too much.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DC Picks: Connellsville will get back into win column
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Ford City man charged with molesting teen
- The Leader expecting more surprises this week
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- C&S Hardware, a Main Street fixture for 20 years, closes in Saxonburg
- W. Elizabeth council mulls replacing damaged garage
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game