Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
HOUSTON — A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later — Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, “I guess we just succeeded a little too much.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Missing Sewickley teen found safe
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Sanchez odd man out with Pirates recalling Stewart
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Stakes raised for Pitt spring game
- Highmark asks patients to ‘Meet Dr. Right’
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- Development could soon be booming in West End