Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
HOUSTON — A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later — Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, “I guess we just succeeded a little too much.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins fall to 0-3 after losing to Canadiens
- Wildcat formation is pulled back out of Steelers’ bag of tricks
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Man killed by train in Homestead
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin dismisses clock run-off near end of Chargers game
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- Pitt TE Holtz quietly taking on leadership role, setting example
- Pirates coach Sofield interviews for Padres manager
- KitchenWise: Master the easy art of cooking dried beans from scratch
- Losing jobs over Ex-Im’s expiration? Don’t believe it
- Federal authorities say they’ve solved botnet scheme that stole millions from Penneco Oil, targeted Sharon City School District