Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- $11.13M project to close section of Pittsburgh’s Mifflin Road
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on 15-day disabled list
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Chicora man charged after entering East Franklin home
- McCandless mom suspected of drowning sons found competent to stand trial
- Point Park University cutting 32 employees in reorganization