Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- 350-pound black bear briefly stuck between Uniontown buildings is relocated
- Rolling Stones roll into Heinz Field June 20
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Friendship mortgage broker sentenced to 20 months in prison for fraud
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Worker trapped in trench collapse in Butler County is freed
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival