Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, 11:54 a.m.
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- U.S. attorney seeks plan for reducing heroin overdoses
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- Authorities investigating skeletal remains found in Ohio River in Avalon
- Bishop Zubik urges Catholics to evangelize
- Briefs: Cranberry Lego workshop hopes to spark kids’ interest in engineering