Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return vs. Georgia Tech
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Authorities: Remains belong to missing Va. student
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- Arrest made in connection with Rostraver home invasion
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County