Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Burgettstown
- Truck wreck closes Saxonburg Boulevard in West Deer
- Harmony woman accused of hitting police officer and anti-gay protester pleads guilty to reduced charges
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- 4 alternate jurors picked in Ferrante cyanide poisoning trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire