Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES — Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
“Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth,” director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. “You're getting lots of laughs in the control room.”
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt football notebook: ‘No. 1 safety’ Mitchell asked to step up
- U.S. attorney general nominee Lynch vote likely this week, U.S. senator says
- Van crashes into deck in Scott, motorist taken to hospital
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Cole overcomes rough start as Pirates sweep Brewers
- Islamic State video purported to show killing of Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- Penn Hills soccer star makes time to excel at volleyball
- Photo gallery: Going medieval in Highland Park
- Daily Courier Roundup: Southmoreland baseball rolls past Derry
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series