Police: Ridley Park English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. — A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- 1 hurt in Mt. Lebanon fire on Bower Hill Road
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild
- Man shot in domestic incident collapses near Washington County bar