Police: Ridley Park English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. — A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Grand jury presentment: AG Kane lied, attempted to cover up leak
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Woman shot in knee in Hazelwood
- Whitehall man sentenced to time served for domestic assault of top prosecutor
- Pennsylvania AG Kane jumps in UPMC-Highmark dispute
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Fayette man dies after accidental fire in home
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’