Police: Ridley Park English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. — A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Penn State notebook: Defensive line has strong start
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot