Police: Ridley Park English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. — A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Martial law replaced in Thailand by security order
- Former Pittsburgh teacher to stand trial on felony charge involving student
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Walmart
- Two Western Pennsylvania veterans’ suicides raise questions
- Duquesne grants release for 2 men’s basketball players
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- Oil platform erupts in flames off Mexico