Indiana man calls 911, reports he's driving drunk
ROSELAWN, Ind. — A northern Indiana man who called 911 and told dispatchers he was driving drunk and needed to be taken off the road got his wish when a sheriff's deputy arrived.
State police say 24-year-old Matthew Devore of Logansport was arrested early Monday along Interstate 65 in Jasper County. Police said Devore had a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over Indiana's legal limit for driving. He was being held at the Jasper County Jail on a driving while intoxicated charge.
State Police say Devore lost control of his car early Monday and it ended up in a grassy median with a flat tire.
Police say Devore then called 911, saying he was a drunk and needed to be taken off the road. A sheriff's deputy was then dispatched to the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups ready to run
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Prison phone cost to drop 70% in Pa.
- West Virginia whips VMI, off to best start since 2009-10 season
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small