Indiana man calls 911, reports he's driving drunk
ROSELAWN, Ind. — A northern Indiana man who called 911 and told dispatchers he was driving drunk and needed to be taken off the road got his wish when a sheriff's deputy arrived.
State police say 24-year-old Matthew Devore of Logansport was arrested early Monday along Interstate 65 in Jasper County. Police said Devore had a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over Indiana's legal limit for driving. He was being held at the Jasper County Jail on a driving while intoxicated charge.
State Police say Devore lost control of his car early Monday and it ended up in a grassy median with a flat tire.
Police say Devore then called 911, saying he was a drunk and needed to be taken off the road. A sheriff's deputy was then dispatched to the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Review: Michael Keaton rises as washed-up ‘Birdman’
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Police investigating possible link between woman’s death, Pittsburgh homicide case
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay