Police: Man threatened to shoot at people at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE — A 33-year-old man faces charges for allegedly threatening to get a gun and shoot people after being asked to leave a Penn State University student union building, where he had been sleeping.
Authorities say State College resident Aarao M. Cornelio Jr. will be charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Officials say it started when he was found sleeping at the HUB-Robeson Center around 11:10 a.m. Wednesday and was asked to leave. People passing by then reported hearing him make the threats.
Penn State sent out a text alert letting the community know police were looking for him and officers arrested him downtown around 2 p.m.
He's being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport fatal shooting under investigation
- Treasury’s clampdown on tax inversions takes bite out of share prices
- Rossi: Harrison can lead by talking about past
- Pirates defeat Braves to clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat across U.S.
- Michael Baker CEO Bergman outlines changes in Pittsburgh-based engineering company
- CMU researchers track devices that keep healthy lifestyles in reach
- Fox Chapel wins thriller
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery