Police: Man threatened to shoot at people at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE — A 33-year-old man faces charges for allegedly threatening to get a gun and shoot people after being asked to leave a Penn State University student union building, where he had been sleeping.
Authorities say State College resident Aarao M. Cornelio Jr. will be charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Officials say it started when he was found sleeping at the HUB-Robeson Center around 11:10 a.m. Wednesday and was asked to leave. People passing by then reported hearing him make the threats.
Penn State sent out a text alert letting the community know police were looking for him and officers arrested him downtown around 2 p.m.
He's being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- Legally blind Pirates fan hangs on every play, has kept score for decades
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Teachers’ roles evolve as districts rely more on computers
- Fans sporting black and gold show up for Steelers game in Charlotte
- Pitt professor’s UV technology destined for Mars in 2020
- State Dems take back seat to political committee in gubernatorial election
- Health department sets 1st of 13 public meetings
- Amid tears, but with resolve, Oakmont church members vow to rebuild from fire