Police: Man threatened to shoot at people at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE — A 33-year-old man faces charges for allegedly threatening to get a gun and shoot people after being asked to leave a Penn State University student union building, where he had been sleeping.
Authorities say State College resident Aarao M. Cornelio Jr. will be charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Officials say it started when he was found sleeping at the HUB-Robeson Center around 11:10 a.m. Wednesday and was asked to leave. People passing by then reported hearing him make the threats.
Penn State sent out a text alert letting the community know police were looking for him and officers arrested him downtown around 2 p.m.
He's being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Fleury’s demeanor helps keep Penguins loose, him playing his best
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense
- Trump falls to Democrats in latest poll of Pennsylvanians
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs