Police: Man threatened to shoot at people at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE — A 33-year-old man faces charges for allegedly threatening to get a gun and shoot people after being asked to leave a Penn State University student union building, where he had been sleeping.
Authorities say State College resident Aarao M. Cornelio Jr. will be charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Officials say it started when he was found sleeping at the HUB-Robeson Center around 11:10 a.m. Wednesday and was asked to leave. People passing by then reported hearing him make the threats.
Penn State sent out a text alert letting the community know police were looking for him and officers arrested him downtown around 2 p.m.
He's being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash
- Butler Township moves to block drilling in residential areas
- Twelve selected for jury in Ferrante trial
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- French oil CEO killed when private jet collides with snowplow during takeoff in Moscow
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big