Police: Man threatened to shoot at people at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE — A 33-year-old man faces charges for allegedly threatening to get a gun and shoot people after being asked to leave a Penn State University student union building, where he had been sleeping.
Authorities say State College resident Aarao M. Cornelio Jr. will be charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Officials say it started when he was found sleeping at the HUB-Robeson Center around 11:10 a.m. Wednesday and was asked to leave. People passing by then reported hearing him make the threats.
Penn State sent out a text alert letting the community know police were looking for him and officers arrested him downtown around 2 p.m.
He's being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates claim Ishikawa off waivers; Marte injured
- Initials carved into pig in Georges Township
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- Murrysville home damaged in blaze
- Off to Market
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- How to improve the life of an overweight cat, dog
- South Fayette, Chartiers Valley schools lead security trend
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Missing man found in Garfield