Ellen DeGeneres to host Oscars for second time
NEW YORK — Ellen DeGeneres will be back for a second time to host the Academy Awards.
Producers announced her selection Friday. DeGeneres hosted the show in 2007, and was nominated for an Emmy Award for her performance.
This year's host, Seth MacFarlane, drew mixed reviews for an edgy performance. He had already taken himself out of the running for a return engagement next year.
The Oscars will be held March 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- On remote Japanese island, cats outnumber humans
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after experiencing elbow discomfort
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Frazer police receive state funding for more undercover patrols at Mills
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Fayette County man pleads guilty to attempted homicide for stabbing during argument