Ellen DeGeneres to host Oscars for second time
NEW YORK — Ellen DeGeneres will be back for a second time to host the Academy Awards.
Producers announced her selection Friday. DeGeneres hosted the show in 2007, and was nominated for an Emmy Award for her performance.
This year's host, Seth MacFarlane, drew mixed reviews for an edgy performance. He had already taken himself out of the running for a return engagement next year.
The Oscars will be held March 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Gridiron nomad Christian makes last collegiate stop at WVU
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County