Ellen DeGeneres to host Oscars for second time
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, 11:39 a.m.
NEW YORK — Ellen DeGeneres will be back for a second time to host the Academy Awards.
Producers announced her selection Friday. DeGeneres hosted the show in 2007, and was nominated for an Emmy Award for her performance.
This year's host, Seth MacFarlane, drew mixed reviews for an edgy performance. He had already taken himself out of the running for a return engagement next year.
The Oscars will be held March 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: Keeping faith in Letang is simple
- Greensburg Diocese removes Bocan as superintendent of Catholic schools
- Penguins recall Zolnierczyk, place Ebbett on IR
- Moraine authorities recover body of man, second body found in park this week
- Flags ordered to fly at half-staff in honor of Nelson Mandela’s death
- Steelers rookie RB Bell gets respect from teammates, foes alike
- Steelers lineman Adams gets 2nd chance to start
- Second lawsuit filed against VA Pittsburgh over fatal Legionnaires’ outbreak
- Penguins notebook: Injury keeps Malkin out against Sharks
- Fleury, Crosby lead Penguins to victory over Sharks at Consol
- Review: Broadway wins in live ‘Sound of Music’