Rehoboth Beach's iconic Funland to close Tuesday for funeral
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. — A Rehoboth Beach boardwalk fixture will close for the day to celebrate the life of co-founder Jean Fasnacht.
Funland will go dark Tuesday for the funeral of the amusement park family's matriarch. The Hershey, Pa.-native died Aug. 11 at her summer home in Rehoboth Beach at age 84. Fasnacht and her husband, Al, opened the popular boardwalk attraction in 1962.
This is the first time in recent memory that Funland will be closed during the summer season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Hundreds mourn victims of McKeesport house fire at candlelight vigil
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts