'Girls Gone Wild' creator sentenced to 270 days in jail
LOS ANGELES — Joe Francis, the creator of “Girls Gone Wild,” has been sentenced to 270 days in jail and three years probation for assaulting a woman at his Los Angeles mansion in 2011.
Deputy City Attorney Mitchell Fox says a judge Tuesday ordered the 40-year-old Francis to complete an anger management course and attend 52 sessions of psychological counseling.
Francis was convicted in May of five misdemeanor counts, including false imprisonment, assault, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime.
Francis met three women at a college graduation party in Hollywood. Instead of taking them to their cars as they believed, he took them home. When they tried to leave Francis grabbed one woman by the throat and slammed her head to the ground.
His attorney did not immediately provide comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning soccer snaps 33-game losing streak
- Turek a 50-year fixture as local coach
- Elizabeth Forward volleyball team keeps winning, despite new look
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority communities well on their way to completion of sewer projects
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- PA will deal online poker in 2017, financial analysis says
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- ‘It Takes a Village’ strives to connect New Kensington residents with resources