'Girls Gone Wild' creator sentenced to 270 days in jail
LOS ANGELES — Joe Francis, the creator of “Girls Gone Wild,” has been sentenced to 270 days in jail and three years probation for assaulting a woman at his Los Angeles mansion in 2011.
Deputy City Attorney Mitchell Fox says a judge Tuesday ordered the 40-year-old Francis to complete an anger management course and attend 52 sessions of psychological counseling.
Francis was convicted in May of five misdemeanor counts, including false imprisonment, assault, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime.
Francis met three women at a college graduation party in Hollywood. Instead of taking them to their cars as they believed, he took them home. When they tried to leave Francis grabbed one woman by the throat and slammed her head to the ground.
His attorney did not immediately provide comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Cole scratched from rehab start at Indianapolis
- Steelers notebook: Team extends Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Fired-up McNamara races to victory in Liberty Mile
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- Locke’s difficulties continue thanks to old friends
- Churches putting faith in social media
- Pitt suspends cornerback Howard
- City of Asylum app shines light on North Side
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- House OKs bill to address border crisis
- White House redacts CIA torture report