'Girls Gone Wild' creator sentenced to 270 days in jail
LOS ANGELES — Joe Francis, the creator of “Girls Gone Wild,” has been sentenced to 270 days in jail and three years probation for assaulting a woman at his Los Angeles mansion in 2011.
Deputy City Attorney Mitchell Fox says a judge Tuesday ordered the 40-year-old Francis to complete an anger management course and attend 52 sessions of psychological counseling.
Francis was convicted in May of five misdemeanor counts, including false imprisonment, assault, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime.
Francis met three women at a college graduation party in Hollywood. Instead of taking them to their cars as they believed, he took them home. When they tried to leave Francis grabbed one woman by the throat and slammed her head to the ground.
His attorney did not immediately provide comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County